We all recognize that times are tough for a lot of individuals and families financially and otherwise. Things are not as bright and sunny as they were June 1st 2008 when each of us made our financial commitments to this program.
However we are still actively pursuing our goal of raising $500,000 for the Building Fund, for construction of a new sanctuary and updating and remodeling our existing building. With this in mind please review the original ten reason for supporting this program and see if each of us can recommit ourselves and our commitments to this program.
Top Ten Reasons We Should Support
"Building on CHRIST our Foundation"
10. It forces us to look the Lord for guidance because it's too big for us to do on our own
9. It provides us an opportunity to leave a legacy for the next generation
8. This is the Lord's house
7. Accomplishing such a major project will be a unifying event for our congregation
6. We will all be proud of our sanctuary and newly renovated church and will be much more likely to invite our friends
5. We only have one time to make a good first impression and first time visitors will want to return
4. As we ponder, pray and "stew" about what we want to give to the appeal we will grow spiritually. Jesus said, "For where your treasure is your heart will follow."
3. Most of our giving to the church comes out of our income. A building fund appeal forces us to remember that everything that we have is a gift from God as we contemplate giving from our total resources. Yes, even our stocks, bonds, real estate, business assets, etc. -- ALL are from the Lord.
2. Over time we will give even more money to give to benevolence and for special needs outside of our church. Building fund programs tend to help people grow in their giving and, even when the building is paid, they often give more to their church on an ongoing basis. By giving more we trust God more and that lesson stays with people for the rest of their lives.
1. The church is where the major events of life are recognized and blessed. It is at church that we celebrate baptisms, where we teach our children about God, where we see young people affirming their faith, where those in love are married, where we hear the Word of God proclaimed, where we confess our sinfulness and accept God's forgiveness, where we are renewed through the sacrament of Holy Communion, where we call when a loved one needs pastoral care, where we have many of our closest friends, where we can come for fellowship and fun, where we can pray, laugh, shed tears, study, reflect and put our entire lives in perspective. Think for a moment -- "What would my life be without this church?"
Capital Campaign Funds received as of Feb. 15, 2009 are $62,731.00.
Wishing you God's most richest blessings,
Bob R. McFall & Tammy McDonald
Co-Directors Capital Campaign